Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Scrap Apps - Inspiration at your fingertips

I am an "app" addict!  I've had my iPhone for a couple of years now. I was pretty much forced to get one by my techno geek hubby. (I luv u!) He is obsessed with technology and all Apple products. I swear if you put an "i" in front of it - he would buy it! I never really understood the need for a smartphone, that is until I started using one.  I can't imagine NOT being able to have my email, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at my fingertips.  How in the heck did I survive without FaceTime?
It may seem crazy but my phone is the first thing I look at in the morning and the last thing I look at before bed.  I can't be the only one who does this....RIGHT?!?!?! :/

In addition to social media sites I also love playing games and using apps to get ideas for recipes, decorating, and crafting.  In my search for some scrappy apps I came across a couple that I thought I'd share.  Both apps are free and offer ideas to get you crafting! It would be a great idea to combine the ideas from these two apps together for fabulous inspiration.

Layout a Day - FREE

Layout a Day is a free app that gives you daily inspiration for layouts. Each day a offers a different challenge to spice up your scrapbooking projects.  Whether its a layout theme idea or embellishment suggestion I think this is a cute little app that can offer that little spark when you need some motivation.  This app doesn't necessarily need to be used for traditional layouts. I plan on adding some of these ideas to my Project Life 2013 album.  The site offers an archive of previous posts as well.

Today's inspiration is to scrapbook your commute.

Here are some archived posts.




scrAPPy sketches - FREE

This app provides a bunch of adorable, hand-drawn sketches that serve as inspiration for your traditional layouts. I absolutely love the adorable "sketchy" style of this app. It functions like a little drawing pad where you can flip through the pages to see the sketches. Too cute!



Do you have a Crafty APP that you love? Share it below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment