Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thursday's Trend - Flowers


SO here in NYC it's winter recess(although the weather makes it feel like Spring recess) which means I've been off all week! I've been spending a lot of time scrapbooking and crafting. When I'm not crafting I spend my time browsing Pinterest and ETSY looking for ideas and inspiration for my home, wardrobe, and crafts. One trend I've been noticing on Pin boards is the floral trend. I find myself drawn to cute summer dresses in feminine floral prints, adorable headbands made with fabric flowers, and jewelry that includes layers, especially with flowers.

I absolutely LOVE this bold floral pillow fabric! The geometric flowers and swirls make the the perfect pillow set for spring. Check out Decorate23's ETSY creations!
I also adore this fabulous statement piece with the flowers - so feminine. It's so unique! I may have to pick this up as for my mom as Mother's Day is just around the corner. I found it on True Rebel Clothing's ETSY site.


And finally - I love this floral bouquet. It reminds me of the romantic bridal bouquet I had for my wedding in 2008.




I wanted to incorporate florals into my paper crafts so I decided to scour the web for instructional videos for making paper flowers. I've combined a couple videos from YouTube and here's what I came up with:




I used my Accent Essentials Cricut Cart and cut various sized flowers form white card stock. Then I sprayed them using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists and heat embossed them. Then I took the smaller floor and snipped a petal off. Folded the flower and fastened it together with a glue dot. I did this for the 2 smaller flowers. Then I curled the edges of the larger flowers and layered them together. I added a rhinestone gem in the middle for a little pop!

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you shared your ideas for using Floral inspiration in your crafts below!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo! These are so pretty! And your inspiration pics are AMAZING! LOVE that you went that extra mile and gave them a little shine, too!

    ReplyDelete